For this blog post, Natalie put some questions to Emma about her new husband, the wedding, the honeymoon and some advice for any future brides. Read on to get the lowdown on Emma, Matt and their wedding.
What’s the story behind you and Matt?
We are high-school sweethearts and have been together for 10 years. Over the years, at different times we have lived together, travelled together and worked together.
He can play any sport and I can’t catch a ball to save myself! But we just enjoy each others company! We really are best friends
Was there a journey in finding your dress?
There definitely was! We got engaged 18 months before we were married, and as most new brides-to-be I was most excited about finding a dress! We hadn’t set a date, but I still wanted to start looking for the dress! The very first dress, in the very first shop was the one I fell in-love with! But it wasn’t the predictable fairytale ending! I didn’t order it that day as I thought this is only the first shop I have been in, I really wanted to spend more time looking and trying dresses on! Months later, after plenty of looking and trying I decided to go back to that first dress, but it was gone! Discontinued by the designer, all stock in Australia sold! Basically it was impossible to find!
Convinced that I was never going to find another dress that would match that first one, we started the hunt all over again! Most dresses take approximately 6 months to be ordered in, and I was down to 5 months before the wedding and was dress-less! One day, after probably trying 20 different dresses on, my mum convinced me to try on one she had spotted and loved! It was in ivory and I wanted white, it was a size 14 and I needed a 10 and I was sure it was not for me. But, before I had even done it up, I loved it and it was the only dress that I could order and guarantee would arrive in time! Funny how everything fell into place after that!
What was the most memorable moment of your wedding?
• Getting out the car at the church and seeing my grandfather all dressed up with a tear in his eye, ready to give me away!
• After walking down the aisle Matt’s first words to me were “you look amazing, I love you”
• When Matt and I got to have a sneak peak at the reception set-up before our guests did- I remember thinking, this is it and it is perfect
Describe the ambience of your reception?
Classic, memorable and fun!
Where was your honeymoon, did it meet all your expectation?
We went to San Francisco, Las Vegas and Player-Del-Carmen (Mexico)! The whole trip was great. We combined sight-seeing, drinking and beach relaxation! Loved it, loved it, loved it!
What the most important piece of advice you would like to share with brides to be?
• Before the day: It will all come together – don’t stress! So many people will be offering and wanting to help out – so let them!
• On the day: Laugh, relax and don’t sweat the small stuff! The day will come and go so quickly and all you can do is take it all in and enjoy every moment together!