Getting the call up to photograph another photographers wedding is reason for feelings of both satisfaction and nervousness. Satisfaction because they have chosen you amongst all the other photographers they know and nervousness because there are going to be expectations and I don’t want to disappoint.
Lisa, of Lisa Lent Photography called me a few months ago to ask if I’d join her husband of 20 years Rob and herself as they renewed their wedding vows on a secluded property in the Hunter Valley. Of course I said yes and what a beautiful afternoon it turned out to be. The whole occasion was a complete surprise for Rob and it was easy to see how much he was moved by the occasion, the thought Lisa had put into the event and just how perfect the two of them are together.
I have asked Lisa to provide all the details of the day but I thought I’d list a few things that stood out for me.
* The dirt road drive to the property complete with large ruts, pot holes, panoramic valley views and vineyards.
* A cabin amongst the bush with the sound of cows in the distance and the smell of the country.
* The open plan design of the cabin complete with spa bath overlooking the verandah and beyond.
* A slightly nervous Rob and Lisa.
* A gorgeous 50’s style dress complete with fascinator and hairstyle to match.
* Nervous laughter and even some giggling from Lisa.
* A lovely ceremony carried out by Jackie that stepped through some of the highlights from Rob and Lisa’s twenty years together.
* Not having to compete with all the guests to get the photos I wanted 🙂
* A relaxed time for some photos.
* Lisa climbing over a barbed wire fence and dodging the cow paddies.
* A HELICOPTER
* Waving goodbye as Lisa and Rob lifted off for their restaurant destination and romantic evening.
* Stripping off for dip in the hot tub and a few beers?? (kidding)
Congratulations to the both of you on what sounded like an amazing twenty years and what I’m sure will be an exciting forty more! Thank you for including me in your celebrations, it really meant a lot.
Below is a little more about the day from Lisa’s perspective and I’m sure there will be more accounts and photos on her Facebook page.
WHERE WAS THE WEDDING/RENEWAL?: Cedars Mount View, Hunter Valley
WHY NOW: I wanted to thank Rob for being such a wonderful life partner and what better way than to redo our ceremony at 20 yrs.. the first time round we were so young and just said the words, I think as you get older it means a whole lot more
THEME OR STYLE: 50s vintage
BRIDE’S DRESS: Kel-Leigh couture
BRIDE’S SHOES: All Cccasions boutique in Woy Woy
JEWELLERY/ACCESSORIES: Partly anniversary present from Rob and Diva in Erina
HAIR & MAKEUP: Chic Artistry
THE FLOWERS: Gai Hyde Flowers
CELEBRANT: Jacqueline Lawrence
THE CAKE (not sure if you had one at the restaurant): no cake, just yummmmmmmy desert 🙂
FOOD & DRINK: chocolate coated strawberries by Edible Gift
TRANSPORT: Helicopter 🙂 from Slatterys and luxury Mercedes on the way back from restaurant
A MEMORABLE MOMENT: hearing our life story so far and knowing we have so much more to add to it
WHY DID YOU CHOOSE ME: hmmmm, why did I choose you??? cause I thought if there was anyone that could make me look half decent it would be you 🙂
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO ADD: I want to add how grateful we are to everyone that was involved. As soon as I mentioned to the above people that I was planning this, I received nothing but full support and love from everyone. We feel very honored to be so well looked after.